Cameron was officially declared dead at 1:20pm Tues. April 20, 2010. That sentence is extremely hard to write. He is still on life support so that he can be prepared to be an organ donor. This decision was not hard for us. Because we knew that Cam would say something like "Well, I'm not usin' 'em, Mom, give them to someone who can." That was how Cam was.
He will be on medications that will help his liver, kidneys, and heart recouperate from the damage they sustained. They couldn't give the meds before because they could damage the brain. He will PROUDLY be able to help quite a few people live better lives.
Most likely, Cameron will be off life support and be done at the hospital Wednesday late afternoon or evening.
We are proud of Cameron and the life he lived. Everyone makes mistakes but sadly this one has taken him from us. No regrets except that his life was cut short.
We will post the day, time, and location of his funeral service as soon as we have it set.
Thank you, everyone, again for the love and support.
Mike and Kristie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. This story has really touched my family and me. I remember Cameron as a funny kid who seemed really witty and who also loved his little sisters. We are praying for you and your family and hope that you feel comforted and strengthened through this very difficult time.
Mike and Kristie,
I am so sorry for your family's loss. I don't remember Cameron well, but the times I spent in your home for choir when you lived in the CC2 ward showed me that there was much love in your family. May that love get you through these difficult times,
Emily Beech
Mike and Kristie, I am sooo very sorry for your loss and what your family is going through. I admire your strenght and efforts to grab something positive out of your tragedy. Please accept my love and prayers, and yes, he is free and at peace like you said. My biggest hugs to you all, if there were anything I could do, or anyone could do for that matter to change the outcome, we/I would do it to spare you this pain... You will be remembered in our prayers.
Love Michelle (Earnhart)Wernau
May I offer you and your family my sincere and heartfelt sympathy. Maureen let me know what happened. I am very impressed by your expression of love as you talk about Cameron in your blog. May Heavenly Father bless you with peace and comfort at this time of sadness.
Stacy Hansen
Post a Comment