Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thanks everyone

I have hardly been on the computer today. Most of the recent posts have been from Mike. I have soaked more kleenex than can be counted. It has been, well, a horrific day. And the worst part is, that it has only just begun. Cameron's 16th birthday is May 5th. Mother's Day is 4 days after that. And then there is just the everyday stuff.

I came home from the hospital today for the first time since Sunday. So many reminders of him everywhere, not to mention the fridge full of food that doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. We are going to have to start cooking less.

I resurrected my blog mostly because it was way too hard to keep retelling Cam's story to everyone I wanted to know. But it has become extremly therapeutic for Mike and I, something I really did not anticipate. But as we tell his story, the good, the bad, and the painful, it has helped us to process our emotions.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has reached out to us. Old friends, new friends, co-workers, family, and even strangers. Your tender words of kindness lift me each time. Ask any nurse in the PICU. Anytime the laptop was in my lap, I was sobbing. Thank you so much for being there for us.

And thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sending your memories of Cameron. He wasn't perfect, but he sure was easy to love. Keep them coming. I have cherished every one.

Sure do love you Cameron, forever for always and no matter what.

3 comments:

The Ericksons said...

Kristie,

I have thought about you and your family many times since I read your post on Monday morning at work. I am in awe of the strength you and Mike have shown during this horrible time. Cameron was a very lucky young man to have had you two as his parents. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you during this time.

Roberta

Michelle said...

Kristie,

You don't know me, I am Kathy Hansen's sister-in-law. Kathy forwarded your blog to all of her family and wanted to share your story. I just want to tell you that as a mom my heart genuinely goes out to you and Mike. I am so sorry for the loss of Cameron. He sounded like a great kid. Thank you for sharing this story and reminding me that time with my kids is precious. I know that you will be able to hold Cameron again. Although that day seems far away and that doesn't take away the present pain, it is a comfort to know that this is not the end. I hope you and your family are able to feel some peace soon, you have many people praying for you.

Michelle Wasden

Katie and Justin said...

Kristie,
Just wanted to let you know my whole heart is with you and your family during this sad time. I also wanted you to know you are an incredible mother. Wow, you are so strong and courageous. I hope to someday become half the mother and person that you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love you Kristie!

Katie Rigler
P.S. You have SUCH a beautiful family!