Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It is what it is


So Cameron has had BOTH his official neuro exams today, and has been declared brain dead by each physcian. While I'm not surprised, it's still so hard to hear.
The donor service will take over from here - it will take up to 2 days for them to do what they do. The problem is, he is not so stable today and I don't know if he will last that long but I guess we will do what we can.
We are not turning anyone away but know that if you come to visit, it will probably only be for a few minutes to say goodbye as there seem to be many that want to come. ICU rules are that there can be only 2 visitors (besides mom and dad) so we have to cycle people in and out. Visiting ends at 9 pm. We are asking all visitors be done by noon Wednesday so we may spend Cam's final moments alone as a family.
People keep asking what can be done for us. I don't know what to say except water bottles and granola bars, since it's tough to leave his bedside.
But really, the most precious, the most important thing you can do for me is WRITE DOWN YOUR MEMORIES OF CAMERON and e-mail them to me. I want this desperately. Even if you think your memories of Cam aren't significant, it is to me. Since I can't have my son, I want his legacy instead. Please contribute. scrapyourheart@gmail.com

No comments: