Tuesday, April 20, 2010

From Mike (Dad)

Friends were extremely important to Cam. There were those who kept him busy and out of trouble. There were also those who put him in danger. Unfortunately, they were both important to Cameron. I will always remember him never hurting anyone except himself. He never had a bad word to say about anyone, even those who hurt him.

This is a time to remember everything good about Cam, which is plentiful. Few, if any, knew him like I did. The only time we fought was when he wouldn't tell me something because he was protecting the privacy of someone else. He was loyal and forever worried about the feelings of others. He was uncanny when it came to knowing the mood of someone and trying to help anyway he could.

Unfortunately, the one vice he had (drugs) was what took him from us. He didn't think it hurt anybody. But, as I told him many times, when you hurt yourself it affects everyone around you who know and love you.......Family, Friends, Sisters, Grandmas, Grandpas, Church Leaders, Teachers, Principles, and even Officers.

Cam would say something like "I'm sorry this happened, I didn't really think anyone cared that much."

Cameron, my Bug, if you could see them now........

Dad

4 comments:

Phelonius said...

Dad,

I am another Dad. A Dad in Texas, and I have heard your story from Kelly Olsen, who is a dear friend of mine.

Recently my son took a friend of his to a house not too far away, and dropped they guy off as a favor. That night his friend over-dosed on Meth. I have prayed for the life of my son as you had done for yours, and my case he is a survivor and not a victim, thank God. I have watched his circle of friends and how they reacted to the funeral, and my son is going through the steps of talking to the local law enforcement about what happened that evening.

My heart breaks for you and your family.

I told Charles, my son, about your catastrophe and he broke down and told me that he wished he had never taken the guy for a ride, and I pointed out to him what you said on this post: namely, that WHO you hang out with and what you do with them reaches far more people than he can imagine.

We hold you in our prayers.

Stephanie J said...

Mike, my parents are Jay and Sharon. I did not know Cameron very well, but I saw him around when he was hanging out with my brother Andrew, and I know he had a huge heart: his countenance was a reflection of that. I love your daughter Caitlyn too, as I have spent the most time with her. God bless your family at this hard time; my heart aches for you and I pray you will find solace through the Savior.

Dlarsen1 said...

Mike and Kristie,

I am Page's older brother in Missouri. I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I know that my sister cared for him deeply, and he means the world to her. I can't imagine what you guys are going through. From what I have heard, Cameron was such a sweet and caring boy. I've never heard a bad thing about him. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Daren

Marrdy said...

It was last Mothers Day that I found out for sure that my that my daughter was using drugs. She wrote me a beautiful letter about how much she loved me but just couldn't see how much she was hurting herself and her family. She has been sober five months now and I live in fear everyday that she will relapse. I am so grateful that you listed Cameron's reason for his death. I do believe it helps others who are struggling. I pray that Heavenly Father will bless you through all your trials.