Cam has done fair through this last night. His fever spiked again, so back on the cooling blanket (something expected with brain swelling.) He is on only one medicine to maintain his blood pressure, but he is on a decent dose of it (epi .45/mcg/kg/hr/), and his BPs have been OK, but not as good as they have been. The plan is to try and keep him off the other BP meds if possible, to try and improve his kidney function. His urine output is marginal and amber, and he is getting a little puffy. A little troublesome is his troponin (heart enzyme that indicates damage) had been coming down (I think 27 was the lowest) but is back up to >50 again (normal is <.02). Even the nurse isn't sure what to make of that. Another heart attack? Doesn't seem likely but who knows. Still no detectible neuro function, but that was expected. Things are moving forward to have the "official" neuro exams today.
I am going to *try* and sleep some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Kristie and Mike,
We love you and are praying for you. Our thoughts are with your family. Please know how much we love and care for you all.
Lisa and Tony
Earnhart family I'm so sorry to hear this horrible news. You are in our thoughts and prayers through this hard time. Please let us know if we can help out at all.
Thanks
Brooke and Clint Olsen
Mike and Kristie,
Our prayers are with you as we remember fondly your very courteous and polite young man. A gentle giant is a good word for him.
Kelly Olsen
Earnhart family. We are so sorry to hear of these horrible events. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help- We are right across the street. Hey I am coming into work tonight at 5pm and would like to stop by and say hello. What bed is Cameron at in the PICU? Hope to see you later and if you need me to bring you anything even a cold drink or food let me know. Thanks-Corinne
I'm deeply sorry this had to happen. Cameron has such a full heart. Wednesday afternoon I will come to see him and your family at the hospital. Love be with you...
-His friend Heather
Hello Christie - I learned from the nurses here today about your tragedy. I'm can scarcely type this because I'm so so sad for you. This is every mother's nightmare,and one I thought I'd be living. Some day I can commiserate with you in person. Just know you're in my prayers. Sincerely, Joyce (Early Int)
We love you Kristie and have been shedding many tears in your and your sweet family's behalf.May you be blessed with the spirit of peace and find comfort in the knowledge that families are TRULEY forever. Keep your chin up.."faith in every footstep". We love you dearly. Heather Oler and the Nursery gang
Sweet Kristie, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Cameran,There is no words I can say that can replace your loss. You are a wonderful mother and friend and I love and respect you. you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. my you be blessed with the love of our Father in Heaven and know how much he loves you and is with you at all times. Please let your AV family help in any way we can we are all here for you always day or night. Rosie
I saw your son's obituary in the paper today. Although I don't know you, I feel so sad for the loss of your beautiful boy. May you be strengthened and lifted by the love of family, friends and even strangers like me.
God bless you.
Post a Comment