On Courtney's birthday, I made her cake and left it on the counter to cool. Mike, Courtney and I left to go shopping and left Caitlyn in charge of the little girls. Less than a minute before we arrived back home, Caitlyn called me crying hard, apologizing and speaking in hysterics -- it was hard to understand what she was saying. Apparently Carlee had just barely helped herself to the cake, eating quite a bit off the top of one of the layers. Caitlyn, of course, was mortified. I told Caitlyn about how when I was a little girl my brother Michael had eaten a hole into the side of one of my birthday cakes, and how he still does today just to bug me.In the end it worked out fine. It was a German Chocolate Cake, so we put the cratered layer on the bottom and filled it with frosting. Yum! We may have to do that again sometime on purpose!
No comments:
Post a Comment